Saturday, March 1, 2008

Your Mom Goes to College

Traveled to the first race weekend of the year today, the car was gettin mad MPG's... like 30+ for the drive. That's pretty crucial considering I filled up @ 3.50 a gallon! Now I'm posted up at Chris' parents house in Westchester, OH. His mom made brownies and cookies and they have the official team recovery drink in the fridge, Bud Heavy. Free housing, free food, good bike racin', 50 degree weather. Life is good.

As for the race, I didn't know what to expect, but the field was like 70 dudes or so. I was a little jumpy since it was my first race of the year, so I was pretty active for the first half of the race. A break went with 2 laps to go, we did some work but the gap wasn't coming down much. Texas Roadhouse has a ton of dudes there and pretty much ran the show. Coming to the last corner, the break was about 50 meters up the road and I was sitting on the end of the Roadhouse leadout, on Josh Carters wheel. Not a bad spot but the sprint blew up and someone said I ended up 5th or 6th in the field sprint. Whatever, kept it upright and felt pretty good. I was pretty pleased at the way the rest of the boys rode today too. Big money crit tomorrow. We'll see how that one goes...

The roommates were at Depauw today for the collegiate rr. Word is that the whole pack got relegated for breaking the yellow line rule, so no one scored any points. Ohh collegiate racing...

No comments: