Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back in the Game

So I'm officially back in the game. All of us Faux-Pros gathered in Bloomington this week to have a team training/ drinking eek-stravaganza to ring in the New Year, and get the training jump-started. Today was the first ride of the week, and we had a good crowd consisting of all the teammates but one, and a few locals to help us slog out the miles without getting too bored. We went out for a bit over 4 hours and did some pretty solid climbs on the south side of town. I think we all went a little bit harder than we wanted, but it just felt good to get out on the bike. Tomorrow looks like some more decent weather and we're going to try to get 5 hours or so in. It's been super rad to catch up with Chris and Kim while they've been kickin' it at our Pad, they even brought Berg (dog) to join the party as well. This should be an entertaining crew to have a little New Years shin-dig with too.

I know this training camp seems like all fun and games, however, we have some real business to take care of. We are going to work on getting our race schedules for next year tentatively set up. It looks like we're going to be doing some real traveling to get all the way out to Elite Nats in Orange County, California, should be a coo site though.

So back on the real world front, I have been going to the bank to make deposits for work once a week for the last 3 weeks. When I roll to the bank I try to bring the A game. Why, you ask? Because there is a fine dime piece that works there that I'm trying to spit game in her general direction. The best part about it is that I think she's probably a few years older than me, and that would be quite the pick up for someone who looks 16 (according to the lady who cuts my hair). But I think I've got a real shot, she seems to be feelin' it. Who knows? But hey, Good Looking Girl at the Bank, if you are reading this, we should go out for a drink sometime.

Wish me luck loyal readers...

No comments: