Sunday, December 2, 2007

Abused

I was hoping to do the abusing today, however, I was the one who got abused. The course abused me, the weather abused me, and the riders abused me. It really wasn't all that bad, but I am hella sore after today's race. I have umpteen bruises and cuts all over my body from my double digit number of wrecks. Oh well, I guess that bike racin' bra!

I felt pretty good this week leading up to the race, and I hoping that I would be able to do something come Sunday. But... some days you have it, other days you don't. Today I didn't have it. I wasn't feeling horrible, just not well enough to stay with the leaders and fight my way back after my numerous mistakes and crashes. The course was pretty similar to the USGP course, only this time it was waaaay more muddy. On top of the already sloppy conditions, 15 minutes in it started to POUR, like seriously coming down hard. I don't know if this made it worse or not, but I was already out of touch with the front of the race anyway. I ended up in 6th place, not terrible, just not what I was hoping for.

While I was working on my bike when we got home tonight I realized that one of the wrecks today had put a nice dent in my top tube of my Ridley, GREAT... Once again, that's racin' bra.

So also in a recent fit of stupidity, I decided that I would go to Cross Nationals in Kansas City. I had planned on not going, so I didn't register. Now that I had a change of heart, I registered and got starting position number 143... wow! Oh well, I'm just going to go hard for an hour and see how many people I can pick off. I'm also going to do the "B" race on thursday to make my trip out to KC more worthwhile. Also, if anyone is going out there or knows someone who has some extra space in their hotel, holler at me, because currently I am sleeping in my car...

laters

No comments: