Sunday, November 11, 2007

Indiana State 'Cross Championships

I saw it coming all week, the rain that is. It was so nice in the days leading up to this weekends race, but everytime I looked at the weather for Sunday, it said RAIN! Of course, the only time the weather man is right, is when I needed him to be wrong.



So it was about 45 degrees and raining when we got to the race and the course was nice and soupy. I was freezing so I kept my rain jacket on for the whole race, plus I thought it might up my chances of not ruining my skinsuit. The race ended up going well for me and I was able to ride at the front most of the time until Mike dropped me with about 15 minutes or so left to go. From there I thought I could maybe hold on to 2nd, but freakin' Ryan Gamm from A&F caught me on the last lap, and I didn't have enough left in the tank to put up much of a fight. I am pleased with my 3rd place, because this cross season has not been so great for me so far. I think a big part of me having a decent race for once was the fact that I was riding Isaac's wheels with some sweet Challenge Tubulars. It is such an advantage to be able to corner with confidence. My new tires should be here tomorrow, and I should be able to glue them up to my sweet new Record Hubs to Reflex rims. Everyone keep their fingers crossed that my frame, spokes and tires all come this week. If all goes well I should have lots of cool new toys to play with very soon. Here are a few post race pics, including our trip to the car wash to get rid of all the turf we took home from Indy.

No comments: