Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Excuses Are LAME!

... but I sure do seem to have a lot of them. So the second day of UCI cross racing went better, kind of. I started in the last row again and got a decent start considering. I kept moving up until I was in a pretty good little group of guys that made up 22nd through 28th place. I was riding comfortably there and were were consistently picking off more and more people. After about 6 or 7 laps, I dropped my chain through the sand pit and my chain guard came loose. From there I was gone from my group and back chasing. Without the chain keeper in place the chain wouldn't stay on at all. 3 dropped chains and a half a lap later I climbed off and packed it in. Sucks. Even though a DNF is a DNF this one was better because I was actually racing and being competitive with some good guys. Next stop is an OVCX race in Ohio this Sunday and then it is the big USGP in Louisville the 27-28th. I should have some slightly better form and the bike kinks worked out by then. Lifting weights tomorrow morning , followed by a little work at the Cafe, and then a group cross ride with the roomates tomorrow evening. Until next time, later Brosiedon ruler of the Brocean.

1 comment:

Chartier said...

You are such a bitch. At least now you know you have one person reading your blog!