Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is this thing on?

Hello again, thanks for stopping by this sparsely updated blog of mine. Although the updates have been few and far between, January had the highest traffic on the blog in its short year and a half existence. I'm not really sure why that was the case, but in any event, thanks for continuing to check up on me during the slow months.

So what has been going on in the life of Ryan? Well not much since I got back from California. The weather has been snowy, but I guess it could have come at a worse time. After Cali, Training Peaks was telling me it was time for some good rest. My Training Stress Balance was as far in the red as it has been in the last year or so. Power Dork Power Dork Power Dork. Things with the new squad (Official name: Panther/RGF pb Felt Bicycles) have started to speed up quickly now. We had our first team meeting this weekend in Columbus, OH. We got together with the full squad, director, Sponsoring CEO's and our Felt Rep. We went over a few things during a quick lunch, talked schedules, distributed some equipment and went out for a few hours as a group. Of course, Paul Martin was the first one to break the status quo in favor of a sign sprint. All in all, we've got a great group of guys and an awesome team of people in charge of the whole operation.





Still waiting on the shoes and gruppos from Shimano, as well as a few other things to turn that thing into my race machine for the season.

Since I'm writing this as I ride the trainer, I think this is where I'll wrap it up. Then I'm off to watch the Hoosiers attempt to pick up their first Big Ten win of the season and watch some Lost after that. Sounds like a rough evening.

Did you know Fabian Cancellara has a poster of Paul Martin above his bed?

3 comments:

Daniel Gaz said...

Your team has bits of real panther, so you know it's good. 60% of the time, you win every time.

BVDG said...

Hey bro! You shoulda come to Tucson instead of Cali, Im tan enough the border patrol guys hassle me now... your team is looking sweet for 09' too

Chris Uberti said...

What I really want to know is...

where can I get a sweet Paul Martin Poster?