Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thank You A-Rod and Michael Phelps

I'd like to send out a very public "Thank You" to two of America's media darlings for making cycling's perpetual black eye a little less black. Now if all the other pro athletes in all these damn ball sports would come out of the closet, us cyclist may just be participating is the cleanest sport around by the time the Tour hits in July.

Now, I know most bike racers are pretty one dimensional and the only sport they care about is their own. Well, I'm an connoisseur of all sports, therefore I get my news from ESPN. I remember last year during the Tour, two of my favorite sports personalities (Michale Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser of PTI) were discussing The Tour, one of them said it wasn't worth watching because everyone was cheating and you can't believe anything you're seeing is actually real. That really pissed me off.(They don't know shit about cycling anyway and shouldn't even be allowed to comment about it, but...) Any moron can see that these refrigerator sized football players are as dirty as any athlete out there, but they refuse to hate on American ball sports like they will with cycling. Like I said, it really pisses me off. So hopefully these recent developments in mainstream American sports will make cycling look a little less terrible in the public's eyes. Maybe I'll send them some fan mail asking if now the World Series isn't worth watching because it's fake. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Sorry, I've had that brewing for a while and it feels nice to get it off my chest. So yeah, training is going well yada yada yada. Don't know when I'm actually gonna race though. It seems like nothing is popping up on the schedule for a while and anything I did have my eye on is probably about to get cancelled because the sponsor pulled out. I wish I was in AZ so I could be doing Valley of the Sun this weekend or something. I'm really starting to get the itch to test the legs. I really feel like I've been complaining quite a bit during this post, but I really am pleased with the way everything is going. I even have a nice little weekend planned with the lady and some friends I haven't seen in a while.

Sorry for the media-less update. I've been watching a lot of SNL Digital Shorts on Hulu.com, but I don't know if those are really appropriate for everyone who may stumble onto this thing.

Stay with me guys, things will turn the corner soon!

1 comment:

Daniel Gaz said...

You mentioned Wilbon and Kornheiser. They work in sports media. You unknowingly added media to your blog!