Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Season By the Numbers

Since the season is winding down, it got me thinking about some things.
It looks like after Cross Nationals I will have done:

17 Cyclocross races, 53 Road races, and 1 Mountain Bike race.
71 Total races for 2008.

I don't really know how many races other dudes out there are doing, but I'd guess my number is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. I think I did a few more races this year, compared to last. But I can definitely say that I'm feeling a good bit better and the end of this season than I did last year, mentally and physically. Maybe I'm getting old man fast...

One thing I though was interesting was that I did 28 new races in 2008, that I didn't do in 2007. It felt like a similar schedule to me, but I guess not.

One thing I didn't try to figure out was how many days I spent on the road. I should just get rid of the apartment and get a sweet van to live in.

Also in other news Alex Boyd signed with Rock Racing. That dude knows how to race his bike. Cool to see him getting that kind of opportunity though.

Alright, I'm out. Thanks for reading.

No comments: