Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Photo's and Stuff


Like I said yesterday, Jeff Jakucyk came up with some pictures from this weekend, so I figured I would pass some of them along to you guys.




As for how the race went down this weekend, it was pretty uneventful. I got a call up front and center for being the current overall OVCX points leader, but managed to botch my clip in about 4 times. This actually didn't hurt me as bad as it probably should have, because I ended up 3rd wheel into the first corner. I wanted the get the hole shot, because there was a pretty hairy sandpit early in the lap, and I didn't want to deal with traffic. About halfway through the first lap, I went to the front and out in a hard pull and looked back to see that I had a bit of a gap. I decided to give it a go from there and see how it turned out. It was really nice because I had Fred Rose there to give me splits so I could gague my effort. I had 15 seconds or so after the first lap and was able to slowly keep putting time into the chasers for most of the race. I think the last split I got was 48 seconds to the group racing for 2nd. It was nice to be able to enjoy the last couple laps compared to last weekend where I didn't even know if I had won for 10 minutes after the race.


Tripping over the barrier


Saved it

I'm still looking for some pictures from the finish and maybe some of the logs/ barriers some of us were able to Bunny Hop, maybe some will turn up in the next few days.

All of this OVCX stuff is great and all, but I'm missing out on Hoosier Cross. The Indy crew has been putting on a Wednesday Worlds like cross race that goes down Saturday mornings at the Butler University campus. It seems like my racing schedule is pretty booked up, but I'm gonna make some time to go up there for sure. Last week I think they gave a Zipp carbon bar to the winner, thats like a 300 bucks.

This weekend is the Lexington OVCX race. I wasn't exactly planning on going to all of these, but I think I have a decent shot to win the overall, so it looks like I've gotta go.

2 comments:

AH said...

Bro.

Bandito cross is where it's at.

Phil Gaimon said...

Nice new team and crossiness. You going to Hendersonville next weekend?