Tuesday, April 1, 2008

From My Cubicle

I'm writing this update from the backseat of Phil Gaimon's car, with the foot of a bike pump resting on the back of my head and a Mavic disk hovering over my head. To my right is a wall of backpacks and luggage stacked to the roof of the car. There is enough of a hole in the wall of luggage that I can look across and see Baumann in his cubicle. It's going to be a long trip to Redlands by way of San Diego.

I had planned on updating everyday, but yesterday was a bit too busy fixing all of the stuff wrong with my bike. So we got an early start, with a trip to Chic-fil-a to get Phil his daily Sweet Tea. Then it was off to the local shop called Bike Haüse. Probably the nicest shop I've ever been to. They hooked me up real nice with big bag full of stuff to get the bike rolling again. So I spent the whole day working on the bike and finding more things wrong with the bike. Bent big ring, broken speedplay cleat, more shoe problems. Luckilly the guy @ Bike Haüse banged the big ring back straight with a hammer, because the chainring is SRM specific. I spent the evening gluing tubies, with the help of Baumann since I only have like 7.5 functioning fingers.
.
.
.
ok I'm back. We just had to make another stop at Chic-fil-a. Anyway, I got all my bike stuff done in time to get an 1.5 hour spin in down some pretty cool bike paths in Scottsdale.

The start list for Redlands came out yesterday on the Redlands website. There are a bunch of no names showing up though. You know, guys like Tyler Hamilton, Santiago Botero, Oscar Sevilla, Tom Danielson. Those boys got nothin' on the boys from U25 Devo Composite team. I'm so jacked up I may just bust out of my cubicle! Ok that is all for now. I may update again today if I feel the urge.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me or offered to help my get all my stuff back together after this crash.

No comments: