Monday, June 30, 2008

Fauxdium

Well another race weekend is in the books, and now I'm ready for a weekend of un-training and mental recharageation. This week we had the Tour de Grandview on tap. This year it fell on the next weekend post "The Tour", just as it did last year, and I was hoping for a little better outcome. Last year I was still cracked from the week before and ended up puking all over myself, and barely hanging on to the back of the field both days.

It started off with a nice 4 corner flat course where I found myself in a decent sized break that took a lap. Roadhouse controlled it pretty well once we took the lap and I was in the hurt box again and couldn't really contest for the "W" I did end up in 4th, and got to stand on the ground next to the real podium riders, what an honor... I did get a nice little bouquet of flowers though, I was trying to find a hunny-baby to give them to, but the pickens were slim. I did however scope out some potential on Sunday, but I had already given my flowers to Kim and Pam's Grandma who let us invade her house for the weekend.

Sunday's course is one of the tougher crit courses around, 1 mile or so with a bitch of a big ring climb that serves as the launch pad for the days many attacks. I managed to get a call up to the start line, so I had no excuses not to go with some attacks early. I got off in a nice group with plenty of HP early in the race. It was me, Paul Martin, Bennett van der GetKrunkten, and some other bro. I thought they might let it roll (especially with the ever-powerful Alderfer Bergen squad represented), but no dice. We came back and I tried to keep my head up for the right split, but it didn't come until about 1:10 minutes in, and I missed it. I was super bummed, because I felt like I had good legs, just couldn't cover all of em'. 12 dudes ended up going up the road, and I sprinted to an amazing 16th place... not what I was looking for, but hey, I didn't puke on myself either.

Enough about bike racin', I want to tell you about my plans for this weekend. I will be relaxing on a lake with a whole crew of my friends from high school, who I really don't get to see but a few times a year. We always clear our schedules for this weekend though, and it never disappoints. Now having said that, I want to show you a couple pictures that not many people get to lay eyes on. This is what happens when you "go to sleep" before you're supposed to at The Lake.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





ha-ha... laugh it up.

Pray for my mullet. I'll need all the Moo-lay power I can muster for the NRC crit in Louisville next weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

who is that ugly, ugly dude?

AH said...

Shaolin monk style -- nice.