I forgot to update my blog for 3 weeks. And yes I just referenced a Brittney Spears song for the title of my blog entry. Off me. Plus, I'll probably get 30 times more visitors with the words "Oops...I did it again" and "Brittney Spears" in my entry.
Since we last spoke, I have slept lots and done a few other thing along the way, most of them do not involve riding my bike.
- I coached Little 500. We didn't win again like last year, but I was starting to think about Phil Jackson with about 15 laps to go, but my sprinter (who had great legs that day) crashed with 4 laps to go. Day over. We finished 6th.
- Little 500 weekend I did the Alumni ride with some of the bros and some of the older alum's. One of which was Wayne Stetina, Multi-time Olympian and 1979 Pam Am games winner. General all-around HC and he's 56 now. Aaand he is a big-wig at Shimano North America now. So I get stuck on the front with him talking about the Electric Dura-Ace he was riding and getting lots of industry gossip, but the problem was that he's a serious hammer. Mind you, I'm sneaking out for an "easy ride" just as my time off for mono is up. Well we were hammering out the pace at about 300w with no signs of letting anyone else pull through. It was fun and it was stupid, but I felt ok so I went with it.
- I vacuumed the carpet in my apartment 127465 times. Cuz my new vacuum is tight and I like the way freshly vacuumed carpet looks.
- I slept.
- I didn't ride.
- I didn't race.
- I learned some stuff about photography and shutter speed and exposure and stuff, thanks to Lauren and her rad camera.
- I started riding again this week. And saw a huge effing snake on the road the other day. Probably an Anaconda.
- Mike Cody introduced me to Failblog.org to help battle to boredom of mono. I looked through 34 pages of the archives the first night I visited the site.
Alright, I think you're roughly up to speed on what's been going on since I last updated my blog.
Lastly, all you idiot dopers out there; Manny Ramirez, David Rebellin, Stefan Schumacher, Christian Pfannberger, Stefan Schumacher (again), thanks for the entertainment. I do get a good laugh out of reading your excuses.
The next time I update, I might just have a race of my own to report on.